Look deep into nature, and you will
understand everything bette
RDC – Rural Development Council (RDC)
RDC came into existence in the year 2002 to work towards the upliftment and betterment of Indigenous communities in Denkanikottai, Krishnagiri district and kancheepuram District. The most disadvantaged Dalit, Irula Adivasi communities did not have access to basic amenities which furthered their distance from being a part of society.
Our focus is on enabling women and children from these communities as they are at risk of being exploited of their basic human rights. Though the government has specific schemes implemented for their welfare, many are unaware of those schemes.
Through our initiatives, we encourage them to avail social schemes that are implemented for them by the government. We carry out programmes that can steadily and sustainably promote their livelihood, health, literacy rate and educate them to exercise their rights to have equitable opportunities in the society. In the long run, we aim to transform the society they live in and empower them
Mission & Vision
1.To reduce school dropouts and enhance retention of children in schools towards implementation of the Right to Education Act 2009, with special focus on ensuring the right to education for girl children .
2. To eliminate the practice of child marriage and to prevent girls from falling prey to camp labor.
3. To eliminate bonded child labor.
4. To facilitate and provide academic guidance to the tribal children.
5. To capacitate the communities to access all basic entitlements and other welfare measures.
6. To pave way for accessing basic health care for women and children, ensure 100% coverage of immunization, and prevent infant mortality and Maternal mortality.
7. To ensure the protection of forests and rich biodiversity with eco-balance in collaboration with the forest department and other stakeholders.
8. To enhance the capacity of women towards the promotion of gender equality and empowerment of women.
9. To capacitate women on income generation related to value addition to Non-Timber Minor Forest Produces towards the safeguard of livelihood rights.
10. To work towards enforcement of the Forest Rights Act towards ensuring collective rights over land and forests.
11. To promote local sustainable economic sources and thereby eliminate bonded labor practices and reduce distress migration among Adivasis.
12. To commission studies and micro action research on emerging issues on women and children to promote evidence-based advocacy on all rights.
WHAT WE DO
@JP WEB DEVELOPERS